Friday, July 13, 2007

Facebook

After steadfastly ignoring various invites to the join the bloody thing, I've succumbed. I think this marks a nadir. Still, let's see how it goes.

There's even an article in the New Statesman about it this week- what would Aristotle have made of it? or some bollocks. Apparently Stephen Fry's changed his 'friends list' to 'people who would like to be his friends list'. I like his thinking because they're not really friends. I can't figure out how he's done it though. I'd like mine to read 'Fellow Travellers List'. Bit of faux-subversion. Would the American owners notice? Would it lead to a McCarthy-like purge?

5 Comments:

At 11:07 pm , Anonymous Skuds said...

I did the same last week.

I'm still not sure what its meant to do.

 
At 3:12 pm , Blogger Finnieston Crane said...

Nor me, Skuds, nor me.

Glad to see you still drop in from time to time.

 
At 10:20 pm , Anonymous a. nonymous said...

Facebook, not Bebo? I thought you were a man of the common people.

 
At 10:45 pm , Blogger Finnieston Crane said...

Is there some kind of class divide? I did hear something about Facebook initially being taken up by college kids and frat boys and the like.

 
At 9:45 pm , Anonymous a. nonymous said...

Not really. Bebo's full of chavs WhO WrItE tHeIr WoRdS as if they WeRe IlLiTeRaTe. Like that... Not me though. All my musings are scribed using the alphabet and the rules of grammar and spelling.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home